The Ken-Ton Closet is a program where donated items such as clothing, toiletries and school supplies are collected and distributed to the children living within Kenmore-Town of Tonawanda free of charge. Distribution is based on socioeconomic or emergency need (for example fire, emergency foster placement, etc.).
Ways you can help:
A project such as the Ken-Ton Closet truly helps to bring a cross-generation community together. Helping provide for people in need is a rewarding investment in our Town. Recognizing the hardships of our children and answering those needs helps to develop a strong sense of pride about where we live and what our residents are capable of. By removing some of the non-academic barriers to education, our students can be more successful. People of all ages can make this program thrive!
Please check out our donation list to find out the items we need.
At this time, items are not tax-deductible and we do not accept cash donations! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Share our mission and collection events with your friends through email, Facebook, Twitter and other social media. Even if you don’t have something to donate directly your message might reach someone who does!
- Is there a garage sale or block sale in your area with children’s clothing? We accept newborn to young adult. Let us know and we can pass out flyers offering to pick up any unsold items.
- Donate gently used goods to the Closet (our donation list is coming soon). You can bring them to collection events or contact us and we can make arrangements to get them from you! You can contact us by email (email@example.com) or message us on our Facebook page (Ken-Ton Closet)
- We also accept new items (socks, underwear, toiletries, school supplies and of course, clothing).
- Even if you don’t have items to donate, you can help by picking up them up from friends and family that do and bringing them to collection sites.
- Would you consider being a wash site for clothing? We have a great recipe for homemade laundry detergent to keep costs low!
- On occasion we may need help folding and sorting clothing or taking inventory. Can you offer a few hours a month to help us with this?
- Contact us to sponsor a collection event! Allowing the Ken-Ton Closet to accept items during your community event allows us to sustain the program and get the word out about the existence of the program to get help to those that need it the most.
Care + Share Support+ Rebuild g Grow a Community